From start-ups to multinational corporations, Patterson Intellectual Property Law develops lasting relationships with clients. Patterson Intellectual Property Law stands as a leader in intellectual property protection and represents companies with cutting-edge product lines and processes.
- Prepared and prosecuted U.S. and international patent applications for inventors in a variety of fields, including laser technology, endoscopic cameras, nutritional compositions, optical technology, computer-controlled electromagnetic recycling systems, biotechnology and road-building machinery
- Obtained relief from an injunction entered against a designer of textile manufacturing equipment for an alleged trade secret misappropriation
- Managed the U.S. and international patent and trademark portfolios (consisting of more than 50 U.S. patents and 100 trademarks) for a major automobile service equipment manufacturer operating on five continents
- Conducted daily reviews of potential trademark and service mark activity with corporate counsel at one of the world’s largest publishing companies, and advised management on mark availability, infringement issues and other matters
- Enforced the copyright and trademark interests of a large video game manufacturer and distributor
- Represented artists, including numerous Grammy Award winners, producers and publishers in resolving disputes over copyrights, name and image protection, and rights to publicity