Grant M. Ford
Grant Ford’s practice focuses on patent application drafting and prosecution in the fields of computer systems, computer networking, software, circuit design, memory architecture, display devices and power circuits. Mr. Ford was previously an associate at Sughrue Mion, PLLC, in Washington, D.C., where he prosecuted U.S. patent applications in technology areas that included computer systems, networking, software, and display devices. He served as a patent specialist at KORUS Patent, LLC in Lisle, IL, where he was responsible for drafting, editing and prosecuting U.S. patent applications. He spent five years in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as a Patent Examiner focused on computer networking arts.
Mr. Ford is a 2013 graduate of the Illinois Institute of Technology – Chicago-Kent College of Law, where he was awarded the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Patent Office Practice. He holds a Bachelor of Science in computer engineering from the University of Tennessee.
- J.D., Illinois Institute of Technology – Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2013
- B.S., Computer Engineering, University of Tennessee, 2005
- Registered Patent Attorney (USPTO)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Patent Office Practice, Spring 2013