Jerry Turner Sewell
Jerry Turner Sewell has over 30 years of experience practicing intellectual property law. Mr. Sewell focuses his practice on the preparation and prosecution of patent applications in the electrical, electronic and computer fields. This practice includes software, internet and data processing patent prosecution.
Previously, Mr. Sewell was a partner with the firm of Knobbe, Martens, Olson and Bear in Orange County, California, where he practiced for twenty-one years. While at Knobbe, he obtained patents in the electrical, electronic and computer software fields as well as for fiber optic sensing systems for Stanford University.
Mr. Sewell worked for nine years as a Senior Design Engineer for Control Data Corporation in Bloomington, Minnesota, designing and testing processors, memories, peripheral devices and systems for the aerospace industry. He also spent three years with Deutsch, Kerrigan & Stiles in New Orleans as a civil litigator. Mr. Sewell was in solo practice in Franklin, Tennessee, and Newport Beach, California, from 2005 until he joined the firm in February of 2015.
- J.D., University of Minnesota, 1980
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Minnesota, 1980
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Missouri-Rolla, 1971
- Registered Patent Attorney (USPTO)
- Registered Professional Engineer (Minnesota and Louisiana)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Louisiana Engineering Society
- Tennessee Intellectual Property Law Association
Professional and Community Service
- Member and Past Director, Franklin at Breakfast Rotary Club
- Past President, Newport Beach/Irvine CA Rotary Club
- Board of Directors, Newport Beach Chamber of Commerce (8 yrs)
- Deacon, First Presbyterian Church Nashville