William E. Sekyi
William E. Sekyi has fourteen years of experience in intellectual property law and sixteen years of experience as an engineer. For seven years, he was with Fish & Richardson, P.C. in Washington D.C., where he managed patent litigation teams and was involved in patent prosecution and client counseling. Previously, he was an associate at Arnold & Porter, LLP. As an engineer, he worked for companies such as Exxon, and for Mobil Oil, Shell, and Schlumberger Technical Services overseas in Ghana, Germany, Italy and Libya.
Mr. Sekyi is a 2002 graduate of Georgetown University Law Center. He holds an M.S. in petroleum engineering from Louisiana State University, and a B.S. with honors in mechanical engineering from Imperial College, London University, in the U.K.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2002
- M.S., Petroleum Engineering, Louisiana State University, 1995
- B.S., with Honors, Mechanical Engineering, Imperial College, London University (U.K.) 1985
- District of Columbia
- Registered Patent Attorney (USPTO)
- “A Comparative Analysis of Enablement in the United Kingdom and the United States Based on Amgen Litigations” [2000/2001] 4 Bio-Science Law Review (2000)
*Not admitted in Tennessee