When patent infringement occurs, it’s up to the patent holder to prove infringement. Patterson Intellectual Property Law assists in all aspects of enforcing patents, trademarks, copyright and trade secret litigation to protect a client’s work.
The Patterson Intellectual Property Law litigation team has experience, expertise and resources in dispute resolution. The courtroom experience of the trial team gives your IP enforcement an edge. Patterson Intellectual Property Law knows which depositions, documents and interrogatories to focus on to get your case strategy right the first time, with cost-effectiveness in mind.
Our team has:
- Appeared in 14 different U.S. District Courts in the last five years
- Represented clients with a nationwide footprint
- Represented both plaintiffs and defendants
- Eight litigators, five of whom are registered patent attorneys
- Represented defendants in “troll” litigation and led the defense among multiple defendants
- Extensive appellate experience, including before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Two members admitted to the Eastern District of Texas
- Infringement litigation
- Appeals of disputed matters in the Patent Office and federal courts
- Patent reissue and reexamination proceedings
Patterson Intellectual Property Law has decades of experience representing clients in complex ex parte and inter partes proceedings held before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) and the Central Reexamination Unit (CRU), including ex parte and inter partes reexaminations and interferences. Patterson Intellectual Property Law’s experience helped it hit the ground running representing clients in the post-grant proceedings introduced by the America Invents Act of 2011, including inter partes review (IPR), post-grant review (PGR), and covered business method review (CBM). Recognizing its clients’ needs for expertise in this area, Patterson Intellectual Property Law has put together a unique team of attorneys that handle post-grant practice, including a former patent attorney at the PTAB, former in-house counsel of multinational corporations, and a group of seasoned patent prosecutors and litigators.
Our experience includes:
- Representation of a challenger to a patent in an IPR
- Defense of a patent owner in three IPRs
- Representation of both patent owner and third-party requestors in both ex parte and inter partes reexaminations
- Unique understanding of the hybrid litigation/prosecution nature of post-grant practice
- In-depth knowledge of the inner workings of the PTAB and the rules that govern post-grant proceedings