The complexities of intellectual property transactions are increasingly intangible when it comes to valuable assets. Patterson Intellectual Property Law provides expert counsel to assist in identifying and solving intellectual property-related issues that arise throughout intricate transactions related to the licensing and/or transfer of IP in a merger or acquisition.
Patterson Intellectual Property Law offers assistance in negotiating transfer and licensing of interests in:
A licensing agreement is a partnership between a licensor and a licensee. Patterson Intellectual Property Law offers assistance in negotiating the licensing of patent, trademark and copyright interests. We negotiate the right to market products based on the terms of such arrangements.
Patterson Intellectual Property Law has experience in:
- Negotiating and drafting licenses as both intellectual property owner and licensee
- Drafting licenses meticulously to avoid perils that often occur if contingencies are not considered, such as invalidity, transfer and competitive activities
Intellectual property is the centerpiece of many mergers or acquisitions. It is critical in mergers and acquisitions to ensure a detailed due diligence is performed, and the transaction documents adequately address IP ownership, transfers and licensing issues.
The senior attorneys at Patterson Intellectual Property Law have experience with all aspects of merger and acquisition transitions, including:
- Negotiating the transfer and licensing of patent, trademark and copyright interests
- Transactional advice and assistance related to the licensing of IP
- Document drafting and review
- Ensuring a complex transaction proceeds smoothly
Additional acquisition services include:
- Transaction analysis
- Freedom to Operate opinions
- Patent and trademark monitoring services