DOMINIC A. ROTA
- J.D., Belmont University College of Law, magna cum laude
- Executive Development & Technology Editor, Belmont Law Review
- Health Law Transactional Moot Court
- Best Performance Award in Cyber Law
- B.S., Physics, Belmont University, cum laude
- Belmont Scholar (Graduate of Honors Program)
- Registered Patent Attorney (USPTO)
Dominic concentrates his practice in the areas of patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, and information security & data privacy. A Registered Patent Attorney, Dominic prosecutes patents before and through the United States Patent & Trademark Office. Dominic is also growing his litigation practice with experience litigating patents, trademarks, and trade dress claims in federal court.
Beyond intellectual property litigation and prosecution, Dominic provides counsel on the adoption and maintenance of in-house intellectual property portfolios. Moreover, Dominic helps clients come into compliance with federal and state legal frameworks directed to online platforms. This includes adherence to the Tennessee Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and other applicable federal and state data privacy regimes.
Dominic believes in a holistic approach to intellectual property protection and enforcement. No matter the intricacies of a particular industry, Dominic is willing to learn the ins-and-outs, so as to provide customized, meaningful legal service.
- Drafted and negotiated information security & data privacy agreements and intellectual property agreements
- Investigated actions of internal business units as it relates to compliance with data privacy
- Reviewed master service agreements and their related addenda in contracting with clients
- Research patentability of inventions related to computer-interfacing software and hardware
- Analyzed and documented data-driven metrics on Supreme Court and federal appellate decisions regarding Chevron deference ass applied to immigration law
- As part of research group, characterized electron-beam deposited, chromium-doped vanadium dioxide thin films
- Presented honors, undergraduate thesis at university and intentional-level conferences
- Eastern District of Tennessee
- Middle District of Tennessee
- Western District of Tennessee
- American Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Thinking of Rebranding Post-Pandemic? The ‘Tacking’ Doctrine May Say Otherwise, Scott Douglass, Dominic Rota, Tennessee Bar Journal, Vol. 57, No. 3 (May/June 2021)
- Rota, Dominic, A Quantum Leap in International Law on Cyberwarfare: An Analysis on the Need for International Cooperation with Quantum Computing Power on the Horizon. Harvard National Security Journal Online (2018).
Rota, Dominic, And on the Seventh Day, God Codified the Religious Tax-Exemption: Reshaping the Modern Code Framework to Achieve Statutory Harmony with Other Charitable Organizations and Prevent Abuse, 5 Concordia Law Review (Summer 2020).
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Intellectual Property Law, Litigation – Intellectual Property, and Patent Law, 2021
- Dominic enjoys the simple things in life, such as astrophysics and quantum computing.