Patterson Intellectual Property Law is a full-service IP and technology law firm serving businesses and entrepreneurs worldwide. We work directly with clients to achieve their unique business goals through creative and effective use of intellectual property protections.
Patterson IP focuses on intellectual property law matters including patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, and innovative technologies. This exclusive focus provides our clients with unparalleled service and depth of knowledge.
Our practitioners draw from decades of technical experience while working on the front lines of intellectual property law, often creating legal precedent and shaping the direction of intellectual property protection.
The Value of Expertise
As a specialized intellectual property law firm, Patterson IP provides unique value in the creation and delivery of IP-focused legal advice.
- We continually evaluate alternative fee arrangements responsive to client priorities including predictability, risk sharing, and cost saving project management strategies.
- We offer fixed fee arrangements for most patent and trademark prosecution work.
- We partner with our clients to provide detailed legal spend analysis in each of our practice areas from patent prosecution and maintenance to complex litigation.
- We assign legal work to attorneys possessing the level of practice experience best suited to deliver cost-effective excellence.
- We rely on experience and industry expertise to assemble client service teams to optimize results.
- We enjoy working with other law firms in service to their clients, delivering extraordinary insight and experience in intellectual property issues in the context of complex litigation and transactions.
Responsive Growth: Our History
Patterson Intellectual Property Law, P.C. was founded in 1992 in Nashville, Tennessee as the only law firm in the region dedicated to intellectual property and technology law. As Nashville experienced rapid growth and development as a technology and creative hub, we recognized clients’ ever-evolving challenges and needs when managing their intellectual property and technology assets. Patterson IP strategically grew, expanding its scope, services, and client base to handle all forms of IP and technology matters, including prosecution, litigation, and business legal strategy.
Today, Patterson IP is a premier intellectual property boutique firm consistently ranked top tier in the region. Patterson IP is the largest intellectual property firm in Tennessee, serving clients locally and internationally on all matters of IP law.